- On Exhibit
- Private Events
Fruitlands Winter Season Hours:
Art Museum, Museum Store & Trails Open Weekends Only 12-5PM.
Historic Buildings and Cafe Re-open April 15, 2015.
Reports to: Executive Director and CFO
Opportunity: Fruitlands Museum in Harvard MA seeks an experienced professional with an entrepreneurial spirit to serve as our next Accounting and HR Manager to support the institution’s strategic operation at an exciting time in the Museum’s history as we embark on our second century of growth.
This is a Full Time position responsible for supporting the administrative management of all aspects of the museum’s business operations and for working cooperatively with all members of the museum’s staff and constituencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Maintain Financial Records & Reporting
Working collaboratively with the CFO:
- Maintain all Financial Records in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Museum Policies
- Review and process all accounts (receivable and payable) and prepare checks for signature according to policy
- Review and process all deposits on a timely basis and monitor safeguarding of all cash receipts
- Prepare Bank Reconciliations monthly on a timely basis and submit to CFO for review and approval
- Maintain proper reporting of Capital Spending and Fixed Assets
- Process all Payroll and related payment of benefits inclusive of any and all required local, state and federal documents
- Prepare related documentation as required by auditors and CFO
- Oversee internal control prodecures,
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation of annual reports including Form 990, the Museum’s Annual Report and all grant related financials.
- Maintain procedures and protocols for the accurate reporting of both contributed and earned revenue. Responsible for the billing of contracts, grants, and select programs
Produce Financial Statements, Budgets and related updates
Working collaboratively with the ED:
- Produce monthly, quarterly and annual financials in accordance with GAAP
- Working with the ED prepare annual budgets by department and maintain an ongoing reporting of actual performance vs. budget and prior year
- Complete month-end financial closing and prepare financial reports for ED to communicate with the Board of Trustees and its committees.
- Prepare for ED’s approval and signature all forms and submissions as may be required by local, state and federal bodies
- Manage the museum’s human resources program ( including processing payroll and benefits) to meet all legal requirements and to ensure there is a comprehensive personnel system of benefit to both the museum and its employees.
Provide support to ongoing management of Museum Store
- Support the business operations of the Museum Store which includes admissions.
- Help establish policies, review department performance, recommend and implement approved changes, assist with inventory management, and provide status reports.
- With reception/Museum Store, process all deposits on a timely basis as outlined by the museum’s policy
- Record receipts according to the Chart of Accounts
- Assist in the verification of inventory on a quarterly basis
- Maintain admission reporting for comparison to goals and prior years, recapping activity by week/month/season
- Experience with QuickBooks Accounting software, Excel, Word and internet required
- Experience with Blackbaud software preferred
- Working knowledge of all aspects of general accounting including completion of financial statements
- Prior bookkeeping experience with a minimum of 5 years
- Past experience with external payroll vendors
- Must foster and maintain a high degree of professionalism and friendliness when interacting with staff, board, program participants, members, public and supporters
- Able to present information and respond to questions and requests from staff, public and partners
- Independent, self-motivated and exercises sound judgement, tact and diplomacy
- Excellent communication, writing and editing skills
Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent work experience.
Full time position, some evenings and weekends required.
Flexible schedule will be considered.
To apply, submit letter of application and resume to:
Executive Director Fruitlands Museum